Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:15:29 — 86.4MB)
In this weeks Podcast we welcome back Dr Zach Bush from Virginia USA. Dr Bush has previously shown us that the foundations of health and well-being is the gut. It therefore makes sense to adjust all the various facets of our lifestyle so as to support gut health. In this weeks episode Dr Bush discusses lifestyle choices we can make to best support our overall health by addressing things that impact the gut.
What is health?
- Health is a stable state of maintaining full functionality of mind and body
- It is also a consequence
- And, your current state of health is determined by the cumulative effect of all your previous lifestyle choices
According to Dr Zach Bush, health is achieved when the rate of repair outpaces the rate of damage or degeneration in the body.
What are the foundations of health?
- The ability to repair at a cellular level
- A strong immune system
- Healthy mitochondria
- Healthy gut
What is a healthy gut?
According to Dr Zach Bush, a health gut comprises these three components.
- The presence of a large number of species of microbes and in sufficient numbers. Diver microbiome and sufficient microbiota
- An intact gut lining – no leaky gut – a fully functional front line to the immune system
- Healthy immune system behind the epithelial membrane
There are many components to optimal health, such as sleep, diet, exercise, etc. This weeks discussion considers things we can do within the different categories. As usual Dr Bush shares his considerable knowledge on the root cause of health.
Dr Zach Bush also promotes his ‘farmer’s footprint’ campaign to fundamentally change farming. You can find out more about it here.
You may like to hear what Dr Bush has said previously in these two episodes of the podcast.
1. A whole new health paradigm
Leave a Reply